30 de abr. de 2007

My feedback about FRING

I've been trying FRING about 2 weeks and here is my notes about it.
Phone model: Nokia E61
Network type: WLAN and GSM/EDGE


Good points:

- Service is trusty and realiable. Respects the users accounts.
- Easy UI, nice view, icons and navigation
- Good battery saving power (or at least not high consumption)
- Works fine with multiple clients at same time. Tryied skype, gtalk, msn, sip and fring
- Search bar works cool.
- Also, cool having tabs between chats and calls.
- Good voice quality call using Skype and Gtalk
- Good calls over EDGE connection

Bad Points:
- Merged contacts at all - it's not nice searching a contact for a specific client
- Bad calls (mute listening) using MSN
- Phone's theme can makes UI difficult to read
- How to disable sound alerts!?
- How to customize alerts?
- I just didn't liked Fring advertising in my nickname without a warning
- Connection alerts just buggin me a lot... I'm walking thought different Wlan's, I don't want to be disturbed if I drop connection (I'm walking!).

Features suggestions:
- Icons, icons, icons. Add emotion to that :-)
- What about handsfree in voice calls?
- Please, give a way separating all those contacts. Making a line under IM client doesn't sounds easy. I would put it into separated trees or tabs, you can just put it in a IRC style or something (if you can customize it would be better)
- Data control (I wanna know how much traffic I'm spending in calls)
- Displaying user details such as email address would be fine.

Overall: Recommended.

Nenhum comentário: