5 de abr. de 2007

Someway Fixing my N90?


Since I've been elected as Champion in the first ever Forum Nokia Champion program by Janurary 2006; I got the N90 device as a gift. I was happy starting S60 2nd edition Symbian programming some stuff (as I'm most Java involved :-).

Well, the sad day was October, 4th 2006 - I was in a snake with some friends and then, when I flipped the screen to take a picture something happened and the screen didn't change to camera/wide-screen mode. Then I flipped-out again and turned off the cell phone.

After few minutes, I turned the phone on again - and ok, camera looks normal again, but now:
- Icon's names and labels has just changed to default and internal names.
- Gallery was empty (like just cleared)
- Pictures and video's has not been saved anymore
- Themes had disappeared, etc.

I tried lot of things and then I'd reseted phone software pressing keys: "Green + 3 + *" (don't do it or you will reset phone with factory configuration).
Nothing of these worked, then I sent my phone to a Nokia assistance near my house and - freak - they bring my cell back after 4 (FOUR) months worse then he was. It doesn't turn on anymore - I believe guys tried doing a wrong flash update.

So, since January this year I am trying to contact Nokia Care Center by phone +55 (11) 6824-6100. Just like is in the website - it rings and looks like nobody answer (seems like a phone line issue or something).

Next step: I am planning to go to Sao Paulo next week in Nokia Care Center address - hope the address is right and I can find a solution, or I'll be just enjoying Sao Paulo without my S60 phone.

Good to remember:
I got N90 as a gift - it looks like it is a test version of the device delivered without any warranty. (I agreed with the terms)
I wasn't a careful user. It fall down some times (ugh!) and - maybe - it could be the reason for bad-function.

People helping me with this:
Nokia fellows in Brazil Sao Paulo and Pernambuco, Nokia Champion friends - thanks Rosso and Tote.

Nenhum comentário: