3 de mar. de 2008

Yahoo! Go experience


After the Mobile World Congress 2008 happened in Barcelona few days ago, I've been heard a lot (cool stuff and "blind" marketing of the new trend revolution) about mobile applications.

It is true that mobile is growing fast and services will define what will be delivered to the end-users. But, it is not defined yet a model of business or concept building applications in this way.

Nokia moved acquiring Navteq -- whose to me, is the most significant step beyond launching Mosh, Ovi, etc.

Google launched ** (not properly launched yet, but expected soon) Android, and it's purpose is very agressive trying to compete with Symbian, Java and the other platforms with an "open source" flag and "not be evil" slogan.

Sony Ericsson won the award of the best handset with it's w910. Also, SE will release the XPERIA series in near future, which promisses is to fit for the best user experience.

... and Yahoo! after Microsoft proposal, demissions and not profitable last year; launches the Yahoo! Go mobile experience. I've tried it in my Nokia E61, and I've done some comments.

Good points:
  • Interface is beautiful and easy to navigate. Very intuitive and user-friendly
  • It enables services easily such as financials, news, maps.
  • OneSearch is really good
  • Fickr support is great and works well
  • Very friendly informative messages
Bad points:
  • I'd configured it for "Brasil" and I got "Portugual-Portuguese" words sometimes...
  • Too slow. I know it can depend from the network speed, but really, it need improvements.
  • Specifically for my E61 -- cannot use NUMBERS (special key) in search fields :-S
Missing:
  • Sign the midlet... it's annoying to have confirmation messages all the time
  • Online data traffic metter (how much I'm spending?)
  • Regional maps. Yahoo Maps already provides it. Definetely needed.
More: http://mobile.yahoo.com/go (or type from your mobile)

Um comentário:

Diógenes G. Rettori disse...

Look who's back?! Nice to see that you're back on track with your blog. Count on me to at least one comment at each post!