16 de abr. de 2007

Fring x Talkonaut x other mobile clients...

I've been trying a lot of mobile clients such as Barablu, Talkonaut, Fring and others. There are really a LOT of mobile clients. There is a kind of "Gaim"/Jabber concept using multiple networks for the same client. It is a good feature, while it is a feature...

I tried Barablu for a while. It seems like a good client but I couldn't test calls since it's available only for some countries in Europe. It has a good UI and works fine to chat.

Talkonaut is a Google Talk client improving Jabber network and also works with MSN and others. The way it works for calling is like a "call push". They works as a gateway calling you and the another person, over operator's network. It doesn't works for VoIP or VoWLAN, also I sent a bug report to Talkonaut about a MSN (gateway) issue.

The last client I've been trying is Fring. I was looking for a VoIP/VoWLAN client, and then I downloaded it to my E61. It is a simple, written in Symbian and allows Gtalk conversations, Skypeout and, of course, regular phone calls. I tryed Gtalk call and I liked pretty much voice quality under my home wlan.

I'll keep trying another clients and post here. I'm adding a label to this (IM Clients), so you can follow me.

Um comentário:

Zec Online Journal disse...

I'll be watching your label about IM clients. Good work...